Cristiano Ronaldo, always considered one of the famous athletes of all time. The Portuguese federation has confirmed this news that Cristiano Ronaldo has tested positive for covid-19 and now he’s in self-isolation. Cristiano is likely to miss two weeks of competition.
In an interview, Cristiano Ronaldo’s coach has said that “he was always in self-isolation since the first test. He’s in his room now and he only repeats that he wants to play. Therefore he’s well, without symptoms, he doesn’t feel anything bad, no problem at all. They don’t even understand what’s happening to him! ”
The 35-year-old legend tested positive two days before the match against Sweden in Lisbon.
Ronaldo will now have to stay in Quarantine for 14 days. The Football Federation of Portugal issued a statement saying that Ronaldo has been freed from the work of the national team.
Therefore he will not face Sweden. The report that the rest of Portugal’s players have been negative and all are available for selection
Ronaldo had been separated from the rest of the Portugal group after testing positive for COVID-19 on Monday.
Concerns about some more players have also increased after Ronaldo’s test report turned positive as he shared a picture with teammates about 17 hours ago.
Before his test for covid-19, Ronaldo posted a photo on Twitter and Instagram showing him and the rest of the Portugal squad having a meal together
Two other Portugal players had tested positive for COVID-19 recently, José Fonte and Anthony Lopes. The Portuguese government on Wednesday announced new restrictions to help contain a surge in coronavirus cases.
Portugal coach Fernando Santos said last week the positive results among players were “happening everywhere in the world.”
“We are the most tested people and we have the guarantee that everyone who will be traveling to France with us is negative,” Santos said before the match against France.
Portugal and France lead Group 3 with seven points each after three matches.